VISION, GOALS, MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
VISION STATEMENT FOR APIMS
The Association of Presbyterian Interim Ministry Specialists (APIMS) exists to provide SUPPORT for pastors, spouses, and families as well as governing bodies within the Presbyterian Church (USA) who are involved with interim ministry, and to provide
INFORMATION regarding placement, training, certification and research in the specialized field of interim ministry.
GOALS OF APIMS
Our goals as a servant Association are: In Service to the Church
1. To develop a body of Interim Ministry Specialists who will be available to congregations, governing bodies, and other Church organizations;
2. To encourage more effective placement systems for interim clergy within the Church;
3. To develop, maintain and advocate the highest performance standards for all Interim Ministry Specialists.
IN SERVICE TO MEMBERS
1. To encourage continuing growth in Interim Ministry skills;
2. To provide guidance and support for that growth;
3. To advocate within the Church a clear understanding of the value of Interim Ministry, thus promoting the use of Interim Ministers or Pastors;
4. To advocate the concerns of Interim pastors and their families.
5. To assist contact between positions open and pastors available
MEMBERS, MEETINGS, DUES
ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETINGS are held in conjunction with the Interim Ministry Network's Annual Conference. Each member and Governing Body member has one vote.
APIMS ASSOCIATION ANNUAL DUES— are used to support:
- Circulation of availability lists through PresbyNet
- Professional certification
- Advocacy within the Church
- Advocacy at the General Assembly
- Dissemination of information about Interim Ministry
- Collegial support
- Publications: Web Page, The Bridge Newsletter, The Handbook Office and APIMS scholarship
Membership is open to all members of the Presbyterian Church (USA) who subscribe to the Purpose, Charter and Bylaws of APIMS, and remit annual dues. Such members may attend all APIMS meetings, vote, serve on committees, and hold office. They will receive all printed membership material and have access to the membership list.
To become a member, contact the Membership Services Coordinator, listed at the bottom of this article.
GOVERNING BODY MEMBER
Governing Body membership is open to any Governing Body or recognized group within any Governing Body which will: Subscribe to the Purpose, Charter and Bylaws of APIMS. Remit Governing Body annual dues and encourage the study and practice of specialized Interim Ministry within the Governing Body, and within the Church at large.
APIMS supports the appropriate use of all denominational relocation procedures.
In addition, APIMS makes available to Presbytery and Synod executives - through the website
- lists showing APIMS members' names, addresses, phone numbers and anticipated date of availability. APIMS also provides a place, on the website, to list positions available. Please contact the Members Service Coordinator to be placed on the Availability List. Judicatories may also contact the Coordinator to list a position.
Jan Schultz, Member Services Coordinator
5331 Mt. View Rd #149 Antioch, TN, 37013